NOTES ON SKI TEAM

Jumpers and cross country men met Wednesday night to hear Varsity track coach Jaako Mikkola speak on training methods. Cross country practice will be held every afternoon from now until the Dartmouth Winter Carnival in an effort to remedy the weakness shown last year in these events.

Ski Coaches

Announcement that the services of Leif Marsh and Odd Overgaad as jumping coaches for this year's ski squad had been secured promises a more balanced squad. Crimson strength in slalom and downhill events last year failed to compensate for weakness in the other events.

University Meet Postponed

Owing to the unseasonable snow conditions the University Open Ski Meet originally scheduled for January 10th has been indefinitely postponed. An informal meet will be held sometime before the Dartmouth Winter Carnival to pick eight men to compete.

Informal Dartmouth Meet

Members of the skiing squad and alumni met the Dartmouth team in an informal slalom event during Christmas vacation. Although conditions were fast and icy, the times were excellent for the course. Richard Durrance, Dartmouth Olympic skier, took first place with a time of 34 seconds. Colin Maclaurin '38, captain of the Harvard team, has the best time for the Crimson entrants.