SAPIENZA IS APPOINTED POETRY CONTEST EDITOR

Christmas Lyrics, Crown Anthology, Announce Awards of $500 and $250 For Poems

Maurice Sapienza '37, Class Poet of his graduating class and now a Law School student, has been named Contest Editor of both the "Christmas Lyrics of 1937" and the "Crown Anthology of Verse," it was announced last night.

For the Christmas Lyrics, the first prize for poetry on any subject in $50, and the prizes total $500.

Original, unpublished material under 32 lines is preferred, but there are no restrictions as to theme or style.

Manuscripts should be accompanied by the usual self-addressed, stamped envelope, and postmarked not later than October 35. They should be sent to Sapienza at Perkins Hall 30, Harvard Law School.

"The Crown Anthology" offers a similar $50 first prize and $250 in total prize money. Here again entries should be sent to Sapienza at the same address, and contributions are limited to 32 lines, and the deadline is November 15, 1937.

Sapienza had five poems in the "Anthology" last year and on the basis of that he was appointed an editor on the staffs of both publications.