TUTORING PARLOR ADS EXAMINED BY STUDENT COUNCIL

Special Body Will Work With Student Publication Heads on Question of Curtailing Tutoring Advertising

Following up one of the recommendations of last year's Council, the Student Council last night went on record in favor of restricting tutoring school advertisements in Harvard publications and passed two resolutions on the subject.

The first resolution declared the Council's opposition to the inclusion of any tutoring school advertising in any official publication of the University.

The second continued the existence of the Council committee now investigating the subject, in order that the committee might discuss with the heads of publications, published by undergraduates, the subject of limiting tutoring school ads in the first, or registration, week of College.

The committee consists of Edward L. Barnes '38, chairman; Oliver P. Bolton '39, and Richard O. Ulin '38.

The Council last night also voted to send a committee to consult with Howard M. Jones, professor of English, and chairman of the Committee on the Extra-Curricular Study of American History on the subject of a possible organization of undergraduates to take the examination on November 15. The committee named was composed of Oliver P. Bolton '39, Charles L. Burwell '39, Francis Keppel '38, and Richard O. Ulin '38.

The Council also voted to give authority to its officers to choose among needy students one or more to do the stenographic work of the Council, rather than employing someone outside the College for such work.