FIRST FOUR EVENTS OF TRACK MEET ARE HELD

University Handicap Meet Starts Off Yesterday in Cage With Four Field Events; Mikkola and Neufeld Direct

Four field events, the first of the University Handicap Track Meet, were held yesterday afternoon in the Carey Cage under the supervision of track coaches Jaakko Mikkola and Bil Neufeld.

Steve Brennan, Varsity weight man, won the 35 pound weight throw at 48 feet two inches. With handicaps, Robert Sears '40, Gale Arnold '39 and Bill Shallow '40 followed respectively. The high jump was won by Freshman Robert Partlow with a jump of five feet, eight inches. Following him came Dave Wilson '40, Guill Aertsen '40, and Jim Grover '400.

Bert Litman '38 tossed the 12 pound shot 48 feet two and a half inches to win first place. With handicaps Bill Carleback '41, Steve Madey '40, and John Flower '40 placed second, third, and fourth. Ed Ford '40 and Chester O'Autremont '41, aided by handicaps tied for first in the pole vault. Oscar Sutermeister 2G and Steve Madey '40 tied for second.

There is still time to enter the broad-jump, javelin, and all running events, which are to be held tomorrow.