News from the Houses

Bellboys Bury Eliot's Bowl Bid Boast by Score of 21-0

A 5-5 deadlock opened the intramural Rugby season yesterday afternoon, when the Freshmen team met a fifteen composed of Winthrop House and University players on Soldiers Field.

The game was exciting from start to finish, with the Freshmen struggling desperately to stave off the attacks of a more experienced team. A. D. Cadman '35, who has played previously in England was particularly outstanding for the 1935 group and combined with H. M. Field '35 to score all of the Freshman goals. By using several University men, Winthrop considerably strengthened its forces, and made it impossible for the fighting Freshmen to score a decisive victory. John Megaw sL. played brilliantly for Winthrop.

The Freshman lineup was: Cadman, f.b., Steinburg, r.w., Sweeney, A. R., r.w., Cogswell, c.3-4., Tyng, l.w., Hoguet, s5-8th, Barton, f5-8th, Sweeney, C. E. s.h., Fields, w.f., Creelman, f., Johnson, f., Houston, f., Thorburn, f., Rider, f., Meyer, f., Ivers, f.

Besides the regular University, Jayvee, and Freshman teams, Leverett, Winthrop, and Eliot Houses have formed fifteens, which will play intramural games during the rest of the season.