TRIBUNE REPORTS ALUMNI BOOSTING LAGUARDIA CAUSE

Chairman Plans Luncheon Rally for Mayor and Thomas Dewey as Election Approaches

Harvard Club members intend active support of Republican-Fusion candidates Fiorello H. LaGuardia and Thomas E. Dewey in the approaching New York City elections, according to a dispatch printed yesterday in the Herald Tribune, staunch partisan of Gotham's little mayor.

Quoted on the mayoralty stand and also in behalf of Dewey, nominee for District Attorney of New York County, was Langdon P. Marvin '98, chairman of the Harvard alumni division of the University Alumni Committee for Fusion.

He announced that some time this week LaGuardia and Dewey would be guests of honor at a luncheon of the Harvard Club. "Notifications," he said, "are now being sent out to all Harvard alumni living in New York City, and officials of the Harvard Club are making preparations for one of the largest turnouts in recent years."

"The overwhelming majority of the Harvard alumni are already in favor of the LaGuardia-Dewey ticket, and following th meeting we expect to crystallize this sentiment into a strong Harvard backing for the entire Fusion ticket."

Besides Marvin other members of the Harvard alumni committee supporting Fusion include Curt E. Hansen '12, William M. Chadbourne '00, and Barklie M. Henry '24.