Scientific Group at Lowell Will Hold Meeting Tonight

Berry to Speak on "What Science Does for Engineering"

The Lowell House Scientific Society will hold its first meeting of the year tonight in the Lowell House Common Room at 7:30 p.m. Professor Berry of the Harvard Engineering School will speak on "What Science Does for Engineering." Future programs will be announced and plans for the year will be discussed.

Professor Berry is an outstanding authority on power engineering and he will discuss the contribution which the various Natural Sciences make to the practical production of low cost power. He will also take up the currently important topic of government and municipal power plants and "yardsticks" of power costs. This should make the meeting an interesting one for scientists and non-scientists alike.

The Lowell House Scientific Society is not limited in its membership to any one House, but is open to all undergraduates who are interested in any of the sciences. Meetings are held on Wednesday evenings, and are preceded by a supper at which the members have an opportunity to meet the speaker. Other activities include student symposia and field trips.