CONANT UNINFORMED ON G.O.P. POST INVITATION

DODDS ALSO ASKED TO HEAD NEW PROGRAM COMMITTEE

According to an official source close to President Conant, he has not yet been officially invited by the Republican Party to become chairman of the important new committee on program.

President Conant has given no indication of what his decision will be if he is offered the post. To date, his policies as head of the University have always been termed non-partisan, in spite of his vigorous and effective opposition to the Supreme Court Bill last spring.

100 On New Committee

The new committee has been created for the purpose of formulating a constructive set of principles for an aggressive party stand. It will be composed of about 100 members, who will be chosen by the chairman and the Republican executive committee.

President Harold Dodds of Princeton was also said to be considered for the position, although neither he nor Conant have ever been particularly associated with the G. O. P.

Other possible appointees are James R. Angell, former President of Yale, and President Robert G. Sproul of the University of California.