Yale News Sports Editor Foresees Victory After Close Game Tomorrow

Al Hessberg Who Replaces Wilson Called Brilliant Runner; Clint Frank Ready

Yale's undefeated and only once tied football team is fully aware that it has the toughest job of the year on its hands Saturday in Cambridge. Still the Eli gridmen are in good shape, mentally and physically. The seven games so far have proven that they have the stuff. With a week's intensive practice supplementing al this experience, they expect to win.

With one exception the same eleven which has started the first six games this season will too off Saturday. The change is Al Hessberg for Al Wilson. Wilson, a Junior letterman, was kept out of the Princeton contest with a cold. This, instead of responding to treatment, has taken a turn for the worse and is expected to keep him in the Infirmary all week.

Hessberg is a veteran of three seasons, famed for his brilliant field running. He scored the tying touchdown against Dartmouth with twelve seconds to go on a pass from Frank, and last week against Princeton had a field day all over the gridiron. Besides his running ability, he has turned into a good defensive back. He can also kick and pass, but with Colwell and Frank in the line-up it is unlikely that he will see service in these fields.

Heading the backfield, of course, is Captain Clint Frank, acclaimed by all who have seen him this year the best Yale back of all time. He passes, runs, tackles fiercely, and calls the signals. Local reports that Boston is greatly enthused about him are justified.

With Frank and Hessberg will be Charley Ewart and Dave Colwell. Ewart has played the wing back and safety positions for three years. He does all the short and quick kicking. Colwell in the fullback spot blocks and backs up the line to perfection, and above all kicks. For the first seven games he has averaged over forty yeards from the line of scrimmage.

On the ends will be Johnny Miller, wearing Kelley's number 19, and Flick Hoxton, both Juniors. Miller, ineligible last year, starred as a Freshman fullback two years ago. His kicking is only slightly below Colwell's. The tackles will be Bill John and Bill Platt, also Juniors and both lettermen. When Yale uses a five man line Platt backs it up with Gallagher and Colwell.

At the guards will be Charlie Miller and Jack Castle, Junior and Senior veterans, the one small, the other big. Frank Gallagher, a veteran of two seasons ago but ineligible last year, will be at center. He is a brilliant defensive player.

Heading Yale's reserves will be a second backfield of Bud Humphrey, who passes and kicks, Ed Collins, Bill Snavely (brother of last year's guard Jeff), and Don Henry. Kev Rafferty and Bill Moody are the reserve ends, Cy Taylor and Brown Watson the tackles, Bill Dickens, Felix Caracciolo, and Stu Hemingway, the first two lettermen, the guards and Bill Stack, last year's Freshman captain, the center.

In the Princeton game Yale disregarded the mud and wind to roll over the Tigers for 300 yards without throwing a forward pass. Frank scored on the first play to become the first Big Three player to accomplish that feat in a Yale-Harvard-Princeton fame.

The Ellis have now faced defensive lines of from five to eight men, and are all set on that score to pass and run. Offensive blocking has been improved the last ten days, as well as new assignments mastered. Since the Penn game, second of the year, the defense has yielded an average of only slightly over 100 yards net gain per game.

The Seniors on the team look forward to their third victory in a row over the Cantabs. If they continue to play the heads-up football they have displayed all season they should do it.