Graphic Exhibit Picturing Story of Cotton Textile Industry Given to Business School

"An Integrated Cotton Enterprise" Demonstrates Steps From Field to Consumer

Presentation to the Business School of an elaborate pictorial exhibit illustrating "An Integrated Cotton Enterprize" was made by the donor, Henry P. Kendall, at a dinner in the School's Faculty Club last night.

Panels Tell Story

A series of panels tells the story of cotton from the field to the consumer. Various steps in the planting, ginning, and picking are shown. Succeeding panels demonstrate the manufacturing processes and finally, the finished product.

The exhibit is now on display in Baker Library and will be used to supplement classwork in Industrial Management Courses. Similar descriptions of the aluminum, chemical, and automobile industries have been given previously.

Kendall Makes Presentation

In making the presentation, Kendall, who is president of the Kendall Company of Walpole, said that he hoped the exhibit would assist students "in visualizing the practical problems of this industry."

Remarking that "it is appropriate that an industry which was first established in this country in New England should be thus linked with a New England educational institution, Dean Donham accepted the donation. "This exhibit will be most useful to the students and the School," he said.

Under One Management

The cotton-textile industry is shown through the case example of one company which has developed an integrated type operation where all the functions necessary to the production of coitus are performed under a unified management.