QUINN, CHAFEE TIE UP IN NEW ANGLE ON NARRAGANSETT

Declares Stand Involves Constitutional Issues Only; Quinn Also Points Out O'Hara Never Harvard Student

Robert E. Quinn, Governor of Rhode Island, in a letter dated October 30 and received by the CRIMSON yesterday, calls to the attention of Zechariah Chafee, Jr., professor of Law, and of Harvard men in general that Walter E. O'Hara is not a graduate of Harvard, as says the governor, O'Hara "told the substantial citizens" when he first came to Rhode Island.

"What I wanted to make clear," writes Quinn, "is the false pretense of this man as to his Harvard connections."

At the same time the chief executive of Massachusetts neighbor state, torn by the Narragansett Track war, declares that Chafee in his CRIMSON articles is "lending himself to defend" O'Hara.

In answer to the letter, Chafee, in a statement yesterday afternoon, declares that "If I have sometimes found the law to be favorable to Mr. O'Hara, this is not due to any liking for him." A personal dislike for Mr. O'Hara, "shared by many of my former fellow-citizens in Rhode Island, throws on us an even heavier obligation to be sure that Mr. O'Hara's constitutional rights are not invaded."

With regard to O'Hara and Harvard the CRIMSON last night received a telegram from Margaret T. Boodry, secretary to the gubernatorial opponent, that "to best my knowledge" "Mr. O'Hara has never made any statement that he was" enrolled as a student at Harvard.