Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

DEBATERS WIN FIRST MAJOR DECISION 3-0

In its first major victory of the season, the Debating Council won a 3-0 decision from the Dartmouth representatives at the Boston Public Library Auditorium last night before a capacity audience of 400.

Arguing on the negative side of the question, "Resolved: That incorporation of labor unions should be compulsory," the Crimson team was composed of Donald MacDonald '39 and Rendigs T. Fels '39.

In favor of the affirmative and opposing Harvard were Howard Van Riper and Stanley M. Brown of Dartmouth. Three members of the Boston Bar acted as judges, George Roewer, Fred W. Carrol, and Harry Bergson.

In gaining the verdict the Harvard orators contended that union racketeering would not be ended by incorporation because they would still retain the threat of striking and that conciliation by peaceful means is the solution to labor controversies.

Roscoe Pound, former Dean of the Law School, presided at the debate and conducted the informal discussion by the audience.