THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The CRIMSON does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld. Only letters under 400 words can be printed because of space, limitations.)

To the Editor of the Crimson:--

The report of the Council can best be explained by one fact. The members of the committee were nominated by a man who was a member of the very organization that raised the money for the ambulance. He has had a chance to admit his affiliations with Dr. Cannon. He has not done so, perhaps believing that we were ignorant and would remain ever so, of his activities. At any rate, he nominated a committee to investigate his own activities. Under such circumstances, the report is all that one can expect.

We do not believe that the Harvard students knowingly gave their money to an ambulance to be used in a demonstration that advocated the assassination (by strangling) of Tom Girdler.

We wish to assure those students of Harvard College who are opposed to the use of their money for the purpose of advocating publicly class war and murder, that we stand by our original charges, and that we will contine to fight those who exploit the name of Harvard for their own ends. Merwin K. Bart '40   Sidney Q. Curtiss '40