The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

YENCHING INSTITUTE GET TIBETIAN RARITIES

Additions Made to Manchu Collection; Modern Fireproof Room to Hold More Books Acquired

Icons from Tibetan monasteries, priceless additions to the Manchu collection, and a modern fireproof rare-book room are only a few of the recent accessions of the Yenching Institute in Boylston Hall.

"We have been making additions to the valuable Manchu collection," revealed C. L. Hen, who is acting librarian during the acsence of Dr. A. Kaiming Chiu. He also pointed out that the unique ornaments on top of the library shelves were newly acquired from Tibetan monasteries where they formerly had great religious significance.

This year there is a special effort being made to improve the Japanese collection, in which there are now only 8000 books, a small number as compared with the 100,000 Chinese books.

Other recent acquisitions are the Peiping Chien Pu, a collection of Oriental writing paper decorated with beautifully colored prints, and the fireproofed rare-book room which now safeguards the precious Buddhist Sutra (Bible).