The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

A. F. L. BEGINS DRIVE FOR UNIONIZATION OF ALL HARVARD WORKERS

SWEEZY QUESTIONS UNIVERSITY PENSION PLAN

By Ralph H. Cutler jr.

Labor activities entered an aggressive phase last night with the announcement by A. F. of L. leaders that a drive will begin this week to organize all Harvard employees.

The move, which has been anticipated for some time, took definite shape in a meeting of Locals 186 and 112 in Cypress Hall, Central Square. At the same time belief was confirmed that the C. I. O. will take no part in union agitation here.

Campaign Begins

In preparation for the extensive campaign to include in the federation University janitors, maintenance men, and engineers, propaganda cards were given to members for distribution on the premises. Seventy five of the 400 dining hall employees who, according to A. F. of L. figures, have joined the organization expressed approval of the measure.

Meanwhile strong possibilities developed that a counter drive was afoot to introduce a company union. It was believed that primary purpose of this move is to offset the startling progress made during the last two weeks by cooks, waitresses and bus boys towards permanent organization.

Sweezy Questions Pensions

Appearing before the meeting to point out advantages gained by a system of union representatives for each dining unit, Alan R. Sweezy '29, instructor of Economics challenged the University's pension system.