LANE, LEVY HOLD LEAD FOR UNION PRESIDENCY

Student Union to Elect Officers on Wednesday instead of at Year's End as Before

Inaugurating a new policy of electing officers in December instead of in June, the Student Union will select a seven-man executive council for the coming year on Wednesday night. Members will pick delegates and draw up a program of recommendations for the coming convention of the American Student Union at that time.

Louis L. Sutro '38, president, last night named Robert E. Lane '39 and Laurence S. Levy '39 as outstanding candidates for the presidency. Lane is chairman of the Labor Committee, while Levy, a member of the present Executive Council, has supervised the work of the Freshman Division this fall.

The list of 19 delegates to the National Convention will be completed at the meeting; three, Lane, Levy, and Aaron Himmelhoch '38, were elected on November '23. Possible recommendations to the convention, scheduled for December 27 to 31 at Vassar, will concern the association's labor and peace policies, and the Oxford Pledge, Sutro said.

Last year the Student Union recommended without success that the Oxford pledge, a promise not to engage in any war, be abandoned. Its suggestion that the organization refrain from affiliation with any national political movement was adopted at that time.