SWIMMERS, BOXERS BEAT PRINCETON

Hutter Sets Two Pool Records, Taking Three Events; Team Defeats Tigers; Remains Undefeated

Continuing their unbeaten streak, the Varsity swimmers defeated Princeton at the Brokan pool Saturday night. Leo by Charlie Hutter, who broke two pool records and took three first places, the Crimson took all but two events and ended the Tiger's unbeaten streak. Hutter won the 100 yard freestyle in 54:2, set a new pool record in the 440, 4:59, and in the 220 by chopping one and a half seconds off the former record, 2:16.

Closely contested all the way, the 200 yard breaststroke was won by Dick Hough Tiger sophomore, who was forced to set a new pool record of 2:29.8 to stave off the threat of Greg Jameson. Graham Cummin too the 150 yard backstroke with Keller in second place, Barker won the 50 yard freestyle in 24.4 seconds as Don McKay placed second, and Rus Greenhood took a third place in the diving to complete the individual events.

Coach Ulen's charges also took the medley and finished their second win in two nights by winning the 400 relay.

Boxers Beat Bengals

Led by the defeat of Rip Van Winkle by heavyweight Henry Lloyd, the Varsity boxers defeated Princeton 7 to 1 Saturday night at Princeton. Aided by Tiger defaults in the 135, 155, and 175 pound classes the mitmen outclassed the Orang and Black representatives, scoring two technical knockouts and losing only one bout. Chatfield, in the 125's and Jim Kostarelos in the 135's took the first two bouts with technical knockouts and Captain Pete Olney took the 165 pound class to give the Crimson the decision. Dwight Ellis lost a close bout to Foedish in the 145's.

Wrestler's Lose to Princeton

In spite of the efforts of Bill Glendinning, who defeated Charlie Toll, Princeton football captain-elect, the Varsity wrestlers lost to Princeton 23-11 Saturday night at the Indoor Athletic Building. Glendinning, unbeaten in two years of Varsity competition, conceded his opponent five inches in height and forty pounds in weight advantage but showed sufficient skill to pin Toll's shoulders after one minute and forty five seconds of the first overtime had elapsed.

Another clean slate survived the evening when John Harkness, Crimson 175 pound entrant, defeated Joe Gifford with a time advantage of six minutes and 45 seconds. The other local boy to make good was Brooks Cavin, who took the 145 pound decision from Fred Caspers of Princeton. Harvey Ross in the 118 pound class, Louis Ach in the 126's, Dick Lindenfelser, Lorrin Woodman, and Gerald Piel in the 165's were the other Crimson representatives.