CONCENTRATION TALKS WILL GUIDE FRESHMEN

Conant, Faculty-Members to Describe Twenty-Five Fields at Union in Next Fortnight

Continuing the policy inaugurated by last year's committee, the Freshman Union Committee will sponsor a series of informal talks on concentration in approximately twenty-five fields. These talks will be given by members of the faculty prominent in their departments, starting February 23 and lasting through March 5.

Short speeches of approximately a half-hour's duration given by faculty-members will describe various subjects in an attempt to facilitate choice of field of concentration for Freshmen. Professors from each department in the College will outline their respective subjects and answer questions concerning their fields. The talks will be given at the Union according to a schedule to be published in the CRIMSON sometime next week.

Among the men who will speak are Paul J. Sachs '00, Chairman of the Department of Fine Arts, James B. Munn '12, Chairman of the English Department, and John J. Penny, assistant professor of Romance Languages. The list of speakers includes many other faculty-members distinguished in their fields.

Conant Speech

Culminating the series of talks on the many subjects open to Freshmen, President Conant will speak to the entire Class of 1940 on March 6. It is believed that his speech will be of a general nature.