KEVORKIAN GOING UNDER KNIFE ON EVE OF PRACTICE

Alex Kevorkian to Undergo Operation On Back in Spring Vacation Which Will Lay Him Up for Six Weeks

Alex Kevorkian, stellar tackle on last year's football team, will undergo an operation in his back during the spring vacation, it was learned by the CRIMSON yesterday.

Consequently the big lineman who was prominently mentioned in many All-American teams will be unable to take part in spring football practice which will start soon. After the operation he will be laid up for six weeks for the cut to drain.

On Thursday, March 17, the Freshmen will report for their first spring practice. Coaches who have been away are returning to Cambridge and will be ready for the class of '40 who are expected to bolster many points in the lineup as it stands.

Ray Crowther is returning to Cambridge the day before the practice starts. He, together with Neil Stahley, Howie Odell, Wes Fesler, and Henry Lamar will assist Dick Harlow in the spring practice.

It is also reliably reported that Harlow may change the starting times of spring practice from 4 o'clock to 3 o'clock. This is being done at the request of the players who will now finish practice at 4:30 instead of 5:30 o'clock.

This new scheme will also give Neil Stahley, lacrosse coach, a chance to participate in the spring drill from 3 to 3:30 o'clock when lacrosse practice will start.

Last year Stahley had to make a half mile dash from the lacrosse field in back of the Business School every day to nose in under the wire when he got in only ten minutes of practice with the blocking backs. This year "Skip" will keep a car handy and use it to tear madly from one field to another to cut minutes of waste.