NEWS SUPPRESSED ON CONDITION OF UNIVERSITY HEAD

Rushed From Montpelier to Cambridge by Train, May Be Confined at Home for Several Days

No statement was forthcoming into last night as to the condition of President Conant who fractured his left collarbone in a skiing accident on Thursday. At his residence officials maintained complete silence concerning his progress, but it was generally believed that his state was unchanged.

While enjoying an afternoon of vigorous winter sports with a group of friends in the Vermont hills, the President suffered the first serious mishap of the University season.

It was also the first disaster to happen to a College Head since several years ago when elderly President Lowell was bowled over in the yard by a speedy cyclist who closely resembled Julian L. Coolidge '95, Professor of Mathematics and Master of Lowell House.

Sped By Train

Immediately given first aid followed by a physician's treatment in the accident which resulted after a ski broke in a fast telemark, Conant was rushed to the home of his hosts, Mr. and Mrs. John M. Martin of Plainfield, Vermont, who were with him on the scene of the catastrophe, and thence by train to Boston. Current belief is that he will be confined to his home on Quincy Street for several days.

An enthusiastic sportsman, President Conant has been sighted skiing several times in this locality but always returned to Cambridge unscratched. This last was his second trip this season and had been planned to conclude his winder activities.