BOWDITCH CHOSEN 1937 CLASS AGENT FOR ALUMNI FUND

Money Raised Is Unrestricted and All Donations Will Count for $100,000 Gift to College

Harvard Fund headquarters in Wadsworth House last night, with the approval of the Senior officers, announced the appointment of John B. Bowditch '37 as Class Agent for this year's Seniors.

Bowditch prepared at Milton, is President of the Student Council, ex-President of the CRIMSON, Secretary and Treasurer of Phillips Brooks House, and Second Marshal of the class. His brother, E. Francis Bowditch '35, is agent for the Class of 1935.

Following an 11 year old practice, he will solicit gifts from members of his class before graduation; and every succeeding year will send out appeals to classmates for voluntary contributions to the Fund. Large individual donations are not asked for, but whatever a Senior gives now will be nearly trebled by compound interest in time for the 25th reunion.

Bowditch is the sixty-seventh Class Agent of the Harvard Fund Council, which includes such well-known men as Bishop William Lawrence '71, Judge Robert Grant '73, and Forrester A. Clark '29. F. Stanton Deland, Jr. '36 is the agent for the Class of 1936.

Started in 1925 as a permanent organization, the Harvard Fund, of which Lawrence Coolidge '27 is chairman, secures voluntary contributions from the alumni. Donations made by the Class of 1937 will be credited at compound interest toward the $100,000 gift traditionally presented by each class on its twenty-fifth anniversary. No restriction is placed on the ultimate use of the money.

The Fund is controlled by a board of 30 alumni who constitute the Harvard Fund Council. In 11 years of activity, the Fund has raised nearly $1,500,000 for the University from over 18,000 contributors. Last year, in connection with the Tercentenary, the Fund raised $253,000 from 8,883 donors.