EIGHT CHOSEN FOR PHI BETA KAPPA AT JUNIOR ELECTIONS

Five of Recipients Concentrate in Humanities, Three in Scientific Fields

At a meeting last night of the Phi Beta Kappa Chapter in the Dunster Common Room, eight Junior members were elected. Among those named to the chapter are two Conant scholars. Five of the number major in the Humanities and three in the Sciences.

The new Juniors are: Francis G. Blake, Jr., of New Haven, Conn.; John L. Dampeer, of Cleveland; Richard T. Davis, of Medford; Alan S. Geismer, of Cleveland; John A. Moore, of Clayton, Missouri; Arthur H. Schlesinger, Jr., of Cambridge; A. Judson Wells, Jr., of Highland Park, Illinois; and Theodore H. White, of Dorchester.

Blake, who is concentrating in Physics, is a member of the fencing team, the Rifle Club, and the Radio Club. Holding a Conant Prize Fellowship, Dampeer was captain of the Freshman basketball team, member of the Union Committee during his first year, and at present is on the Student Council and is a Varsity basketball letterman. Dampeer is concentrating in Mathematics.

The only Government concentrator, Davis, is on the Debating Executive Committee, and a member of the Peace Society. Geismer is majoring in the department of History and Literature and was on the Union Library Committee. As a Freshman, Moore was President of the Union Debating Society and made the University chess team; he now is President of the Chess Club, and a member of the Classical Club and the Debating Council.

Schlesinger, a History and Literature concentrator, won the Barrett Wendell Prize in 1936 and is an editor of the Advocate. Wells is the other holder of a Conant scholarship and concentrates in Chemistry. White, a member of the Student Union, majors in History.