Class Day Committeemen Choose Ford Commencement Chairman

Baccalaureate Service to Be on June 20; Class Day Set for June 23

At the initial meeting yesterday, George S. Ford '37, of Belmont, was elected chairman of the Class Day Committee which will have charge of all preparations and arrangements for Commencement Day and the Senior Week in June.

Dates of Exercises

At the same time the dates of the main events were announced. The Baccalaureate service will come on Sunday, June 20, Class Day on Wednesday, June 23, and the Commencement exercises the following day. The Senior Spread will be a dance on Monday, June 21, from 10 to 3 o'clock. All these affairs have been pushed back a week from what they were last year due to the later starting of college this year which was caused by the interference of the Tercentenary with the regular opening dates.

The committee also stated yesterday that Seniors were to be measured at the Coop for caps and gowns. A limited supply of these will be for rent. A reduction in price for those which are bought will be given to those who order them before April 14.

Seven On Committee

Members of the Class Day committee besides Ford are Thomas H. Bilodeau, Jr., Ernest A. Gray, Jr., George W. Blackwood, William H. Schmidt, 2nd, Leo A. Ecker, and William B. Cavin, Jr. Ford, who received the highest number of all votes for the committee, has been acting as unofficial chairman until yesterday when he was officially chosen to head the group.

Within a short time the committee will announce the rules for the Ivy Orator competition, which, following the rule laid down by the Student Council last year, will be run off in the form of a contest among all speakers rather than being an elective post.