The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

GLEE CLUB WILL GIVE PREMIER AT MILTON

First Performance of Carter's Work Will Be Given by Choristers in This Evening's Concert

In accordance with an old custom, the Glee Club is to present a new and unpublished work at the Milton Academy Concert tonight. "Mater, Ades, Florum," a tarantella written by Elliott Carter '30 while he was a student here, has been chosen as the work to be honored by a Milton first performance.

The work, composed in the modern manner, was written for the Classical Club's interpretation of Plautus' "Mostellaria," with text from Ovid's "Fasti." The play was never performed and so Carter's piece remained unknown and unsung until it was rediscovered by G. Wallace Woodworth '24, conductor of the Glee Club.

The concert will begin at 8 o'clock. The program is as follows: "Awake Thou Wintry Earth" by Bach; "O Domine Jesu Christi" by Des Pres; "Fire, Fire, My Heart" by Morley; two Italian folk songs, "Canto di Caccia" and, "Tu Mi Vuoi"; "Master, Ades Florum" by Carter; "Der Jager Abschied" and "Jagdlied" by Mendelsohn; "The Coronation Scene" from "Boris Godounov" by Moussorgsky; two choruses and a ballet from "Orpheus" by Gluck; "At Father's Door," a Russian folk song; and "The March of the Peers" from "Iolanthe" by Gilbert and Sullivan.

The accompanists will be Irving G. Fine '37 and William Austin '39.