JUNIOR VARSITY FIVE DEFEATS FOES 28-22

Jayvee Pucksters Trim Yardlings 6-3 in Fast Game, With Bellows as Newly Elected Captain

Rallying in the last half, the Jayvee hoopsters eked out a 28 to 22 victory over the Burroughs Newsboys last night at the Indoor Athletic Building. Working the ball in close to the basket, the Junior Varsity during the second period steadily increased, their 12 to 10 lead at half time.

Dick Sullivan, consistent Crimson high-scorer, accounted for 13 tallies, with Jack Mason, second, dropping four field goals. Sinking three shots in each half Phil Dubina led the Newsboys with 12 tallies.

Hockey

Outclassing the Yardlings from the start, the Jayvee hockey team whipped the Freshman sextet 6 to 3 in a fast contest yesterday afternoon at the Boston Garden.

Hard body checking and numerous spills characterized the game. Three goals in fast succession by De Rham, F. Eaton, and II. Carstein early in the second period provided the Jayvees' margin of victory.

Charles S. Bellows '37 was elected Jayvee captain before the game. He prepared at Milton Academy.