CONSTITUTION IS AGAIN UP FOR EXAMINATION

PHILOSOPHY AND FEDERAL-STATE QUESTION CONSIDERED

To reconsider the Constitution in the light of modern American social and economic organization the Council of Government Concentrators is staging a Student Constitutional Convention between April and May.

The timeliness of the convention lies in the fact that it means to commemorate the one hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Constitutional Convention of 1773.

Date has been announced as Friday and Saturday April 30 and May 1, in Sever 11.

Committeeman Richard T. Davis '38, Martin D. Schwartz '38, and Felix F. Stumpf '38 have decided that the work of the volunteer delegates be divided among six committees.

One body will deal with Constitutional Philosophy, a second with Federal-State Relationship; and others with the Organization of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of government, with elections and suffrage, with the Bill of Rights, and with arrangements and style.

Each committee will submit its report to the assembled convention, comprised of delegates from the 48 states, which will then accept or reject its work.

Faculty backers include Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government, and F. Morstein Marx, assistant professor of Government. Eligible to take part are all undergraduates in the College. As the quota of delegates will soon be reached, the committee is asking interested men who have not been in touch with it to do so immediately.