Sports Events During Vacation

Seventeen Players Make Up Varsity Baseball Trip Squad

Seventeen men will make up the Varsity baseball squad in the annual spring southern trip. Included in this number are five pitchers, three catchers, five infielders, and four outfielders.

The complete roster of players is are follows: Pitchers, Ed Ingalls, Dick Walsh, Slim Curtiss, Don Prouty, and Royal victor; Catchers, Al Colwell, Paul Doyle, and Phil Staples; Infielders, Capt. Tom Bilodeau, Lupe Lupien, Art Johns, Frank Owen; and Dave Shean; Outfielders- Dick Grondahl, Mal McTernan, Jim Sullivan, and Dave Maclntosh.

In preparation for the five game schedule Coach Mitchel had his first complete outdoor practice yesterday and had the outfield squad out on Wednesday.

The pitching burden for the Crimson nine will probably be carried by Ingalls, last year's ace, who will hurl at least two, if not three games. Dick Walsh is sure of a starting berth in one of the other contests, while the third starter will be found among Curtiss, Prouty, and Victor.

The objective game will be the Colum- bia game at Bakers Field, New York. This is the opening Eastern Intercollegiate League encounter for both teams and Harvard will attempt to continue to hold the supremacy which it exerted over the Lions last season in winning two straight games.

Coach Samborski has added another pitcher, Phil Starr, to his undermanned hurling staff. This brings the Freshman southern jaunt list up to 15 men