GLEE CLUB WILL JOIN WITH RADCLIFFE FOR LAST CONCERT OF YEAR

BEETHOVEN'S "MISSA SOLEMNIS" UNDER REHEARSAL

Eighty-five members of the Glee Club will join with 95 women of the Radcliffe Choral Society to present the final concert of the year in Sanders Theatre at 8:15 o'clock on Thursday evening.

The twenty-second performance of the year, this will conclude the longest season since the Glee Club went to Europe in 1921.

Included on the program are: Two Motets and Two Psalms, by Sweelinck; "O Domini Jesu Christi", a Passion Motel for Men's Voices, by Josquin des Press and the first performance in Boston or Cambridge of Two Religious Songs, by Antonio de Cabezon or an unknown composer of sixteenth century Spain.

Following the intermission Radcliffe will present "Hecuba's Lament" from "The Trojan Women of Euripides", by Holst; Amy Brown Townsend sings the part of Hecuba. Next the men sing "Tarantella: Mater, Ades" from " Ovid's Fasti", by Elliott C. Carter, Jr. '30. This contemporary composition was given its first rendition by the Glee Club at Milton Academy some months ago.

Schubert's, "Valses Nobles" by the Choral Society will be followed in conclusion by mixed choruses from Offenbach's "La Belle Helene."

Glee Club's Plans for May

Next month the Glee Club will give several informal Yard concerts on the steps of Widener Library; and by request of both organizations joint rehearsals with Radcliffe continue until she end of May. This is contrary to the tradition that rehearsals cease after the annual Sanders Theatre concert.

Although the work for performance with the Boston Symphony next spring has not yet been definitely chosen, Beethoven's "Missa Solemnis" is now under study and seems the probable choice.