FRESHMEN WILL BE POLLED ON COURSES FOR CRIMSON GUIDE

Questionnaires Ask for Opinions on Lectures, Section Men, Texts, and Assignments

Plans have now been completed for conducting the CRIMSON'S annual "Confidential Guide" Poll of the Freshman class on the subject of elementary courses, and voting will be conducted in the Union Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

The balloting will be conducted by means of a questionnaire, to be distributed at both lunch and dinner which will contain requests for information on each course taken, and the CRIMSON urges that all Freshmen answer each question frankly and sincerely, so that next year's Confidential Guide may be as complete and accurate as possible.

Besides questions on the ability and interest of the section men and lecturers, questions on the texts used, lengths of assignments, fairness of exams, etc. are included. In addition space is provided for any comments of a general nature that a man may have.

A separate sheet will be provided for each course, and, as the value of the Guide naturally depends upon its accuracy and ability to reflect a genuine cross section of opinion, it is necessary that all Freshmen take this opportunity to express their opinions. Particularly it is important to cover all courses open to the first year class, and for that reason it is hoped that 1940 men will deal with at least three of their courses, and include in those any smaller courses in which they are enrolled.

The material that is obtained from these questionnaires will be compiled into comments on each course open to Freshmen, in much the same manner as last year's Guide. These comments, together with general considerations to be kept in mind when choosing courses and fields, and general suggestions, will comprise the first part of the Guide.

The second section of the 1941 Guide will contain, as heretofore the comments on the individual fields. Several of these articles have already appeared in the CRIMSON, and the rest will be published before the end of the year. After revision, and any necessary correction, they will then be published as the second section of the Guide, which will be distributed to the Class of 1941 on September 1.