GROUP RAISING FUNDS FOR LOYAL AMBULANCE

WE TUCKER DEAN IS TREASURER OF COMMITTEE

Plans for the collection of $1500 to be used to send an ambulance to "aid the Spanish democracy" are under way here and over $300 have been collected to date, it was learned yesterday.

Walter B. Gannon '96, George Higginson professor of Physiology in the Medical School, heads the Harvard Committee of students and faculty for Medical Aid to the Spanish Democracy, and he also is National chairman of a similar group. Included on the faculty committee are Edmund M. Morgan '02, acting dean of the Law School, Felix Frankfurter, Byrne Professor of Administrative Law, Ralph B. Perry, professor of Philosophy, Austin W. Scott, Story Professor of Law, and many others.

Serving with the faculty is a group of students including W. Tucker Dean '37, treasurer of the committee, Jack D. Andrews '39, Hume Dow '38, Francis Keppel '38, Rolf Kaltenborn '37, and others.

The campaign has been going on in the graduate schools since the middle of last week, and will start in earnest in the Houses this week.

No trouble is anticipated in shipping the ambulance if enough money is obtained, spokesmen for the committee declared yesterday, since it would be for medical aid, and ambulances are not subject to the embargo provisions of the act.