BROOKS HOUSE CLOTHING DRIVE TO START TODAY

House Committee to Cooperate in Collection; Kelly Will Run Drive in Yard

The semi-annual old clothing and book drive of Phillips Brooks House, which starts today, will be held in conjunction with the House Committees in the houses.

In charge in Adams House will be Vernon H. Struck '38, Chairman of the House Committee; in Dunster House, Nathaniel S. Benchley, also House Committee Chairman; in Leverett, S. Alden Pendleton '39; in Lowell, Elliott B. Knowlton '38, House Committee Chairman; in Eliot, Francis Keppel '38, House Committee Chairman; in winthrop, Lyman B. Burbank '38, a member of the House Committee; and in Claverley Hall, William H. Schmidt 2nd '37. The director in Kirkland House has not yet been chosen.

Bartow Kelly '37, Chairman of the Phillips Brooks House Freshman Committee is in charge of the drive in the Yard. Collection in the different halls is being run by the Freshman Committee members.

Clothes which are collected will be distributed to the Red Cross, the Grenfell Mission, and to specially recommended needy families in Cambridge. Magazines and books go to Boston settlement houses and hospitals.

Collectors have been appointed in every entry, but in case a student is not visited and wishes to donate something, he is asked to get in touch with Edward T. Ladd '38, the director of the drive.