Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

The Crimson Moviegoer

"Cafe Metropole" Swings Tyrone Power and Loretta Young Into Line For New Plaudits

By V. F.

Following up their success in "Love Is News," Tyrone Power and Loretta Young again crash through with the goods in their latest vehicle, "Cafe Metropole," now showing at R.K.O. Keith's.

Mr. Power plays the part of a Princeton student (nor is his portrayal a la Robert Taylor) who gets into difficulties over a gambling debt owed to Adolph Menjou, proprietor of the Cafe Metropole. Mr. Power, to square things, poses as a Russian prince and is introduced by Mr. Menjou to Miss Young, wealthy heiress, on the understanding that he will be exposed, Mr. Menjou receiving a present from Miss Young's lather in return for having bared the prince's true identity. Of course love finds its way from there, and things work out very pleasantly before the final scones.

The intricacy of the plot, however, is not the main reason for the success of "Care Metropole", all honors go to Mr. Power and Miss Young. Making the most of an amusing script and excellent situations, the two turn in performances that will make picture goers look forward to another film with the same team in the near future. "Cafe Metropole" is entertainment fit for the consumption of a not too discriminating audience. Best shot -- Loretta "Smarty Pants" Young in pajamas.