HOPEFUL VARSITY NINE FACES B.U. TEAM TODAY ON OPPONENTS DIAMOND

Lefty Dick Walsh to Take Slab Against Terriers as Crimson Seeks Reversal of Earlier Defeat

Out for revenge the Varsity baseball team will journey to Nickerson Field to tackle Boston University in its own lair today at 4 o'clock.

Upset earlier in the year by the Terriers when the Crimson were taken by surprise to the tune of 9-7, Coach Mitchell's forces seem at last to be on the good baseball trail after playing a splendid game against highly touted Holy Cross. Unless they are again hogtied by the deliveries of Bob Leahy they are in a good enough hitting mood to batter out a victory.

Lefty Dick Walsh, who made an unsuccessful appearance against B.U. in the earlier encounter, will again try his luck, but the other half of the battery, namely Al Colwell, will not be present, for the slugging catcher is on the shelf due to the recurrence of a knee injury.

The Freshmen, who have been taking it on the nose lately in the form of defeats, will still be out on the field trying when they face the B.U. Freshmen on Soldiers Field today at 4 o'clock. John Woodward will be the probable pitcher.

At the same time the Jayvees play Boston Latin on Soldiers Field with Lefty Edinburgh serving up the offerings to the opposing hitters.