400 SENIORS HEAR PRESIDENT CONANT IN BACCALAUREATE

1912's in Town Tonight, Class Day Comes Wednesday, Conferring of Degrees Marks Exercises Thursday

The text of President Conant's Baccalaureate sermon may be found on page 6. A survey of the week's events is printed on page 3. On page 8 are assorted notices and program items.

Harvard's two hundred and eighty-sixty Commencement officially opened yesterday afternoon as 400 members of the Class of 1937, gowned and capped in the traditional manner, filed into the Memorial Church to hear President Conant deliver their Baccalaureate sermon.

Immediately afterwards Seniors made their way in groups to a reception at the home of the President and Mrs. Conant, shaking his hand and hers and moving out into the garden, where punch, ice cream, and cake were served under the shade of the trees.

Senior Spread Tonight

Today the Class of 1912 sweeps into the Yard with a reverberation. Tonight Seniors attend Spread and Dance in Lowell House. Tomorrow may be comparatively quiet, and then on Wednesday the proceedings speed up with Class Day, luncheons, the Stadium, confetti, and baseball.

Thursday morning sees more than three centuries of Harvard history blend in the formal ceremony that surrounds the Commencement of the latest class to leave the University. Finally, Friday, comes the general tapering off, from which stand out the exercises of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.