TWO CARS STOLEN AND BOTH RECOVERED HERE BY CAMBRIDGE POLICE

DRIVE ON NIGHT PARKING STARTS IMMEDIATELY

Two cars owned by students in the University were stolen and recovered in Cambridge yesterday in a minor crime wave that was quickly nipped by the police.

Frederic C. Cobb, Jr. '37, 1E. S. had his taken early in the day but it was returned to him in the afternoon after the police found it in the vicinity of Harvard Square.

The other car, registered in Ohio belonged to Joseph Ransokoff '38. It was removed from in front of Winthrop House and recovered last night by Cambridge police in Pierce Street not far from the Square.

War On Street Parking

Warning was issued by Colonel Apted's office yesterday that parking regulations would be strictly enforced in this city, and that a drive against parking in the streets at night was scheduled to begin last night. The matter of enforcement will be placed in the hands of the city police backed up by the courts. The days when University-issued warnings could be safely disregarded are past.

Under the new system the offender will not be tagged but will receive a summons from East Cambridge Court. If he fails to appear his license may be suspended. The penalty is merely a warning the first time with increasing dollar fines for each additional offense. The system has been used in Boston for some time. Mount Auburn Street will probably be hardest hit in the present drive.