Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

45 STUDENTS ARE WORKING FOR PBH AS AMATEUR TUTORS

Program Aims to Provide High School Graduates with Teaching on Level Of College Work

Initial launching of the scholastic training program for underprivileged high-school boys will begin early next week, when forty-five students are given assignments as tutors in the "Undergraduate Faculty," sponsored by Phillips Brooks House, it was learned last night.

Busily organizing instruction work for the first undertaking of its kind, co-Chairmen Lawrence Lader '41 and E. Langdon Burwell '41 of the committee directing the free tutoring released for the first time names of undergraduates who have volunteered.

From high school students of Greater Boston applications have poured in for instruction in everything from English to Air Conditioning and Urinology. Although almost all requests can be filled, there is still a shortage of mathematics tutors.

The program aims to give school graduates a chance to continue their education, and for those who show unusually high scholastic promise, P. B. H. plans to award "scholarships" to take University extension courses.

One misinformed principal of a local public institution of learning wrote that he had students "well qualified to teach Harvard boys." As yet Brooks House has not offered to accept the proposition.

Students selected as tutors and their subjects are:

James W. Altheimer '39, Economics; Spencer M. Beresford '39, Economics; Samuel Binnian '40, English; John B.