YARDLING GRIDDERS TO MEET EXETER OUTFIT

192-Pound Line Journeys to Exeter For Opener of Freshman Football Season

The Yardling football team departs today for Exeter, where it will open its season against the Academy with a line averaging 192 pounds and a backfield averaging in the neighborhood of 175.

Starters for the 1942 outfit are Tom Johnson and George Kuhn, ends, Vern Miller and Tom Gardiner, tackles; Endicott Peabody and Don Wilson, guards; Chuck Ayres, center; Frank Lee, wingback; Ted Lyman, blocking back; Harry Tine, bucking back; and Fred Spreyer, tailback.

Spreyer will call signals and split the kicking assignment with Al Vander Eb, husky reserve blocking back. Another back who will see action is George Heiden. Line reserves who may play are Dick Row, guard; Jack McNeil, center, and Bill Parsons at end.

Exeter has one advantage in that it has already played one game, against Tilton, winning 6-0. The Yardlings, however, have the edge in weight and experience. Chief threat which they will have to face is sturdy Don Bowersox, Exonian center and captain.