New Card Game of "Significance" Gets H.S.U. Benediction

"Privilege," Invented by Brown Grad in Denmark, Also Popular With New Haven Debs

Determined that undergraduates shall never forget the conflict of the classes, even in their leisure hours, the Harvard Student Union is currently sponsoring the new card game and reputed forerunner of five-handed bridge known as "Privilege."

Robert Morey, Brown '31, who also holds a Ph.D. from Princeton, is credited with inventing the game, which voices much of his scornful anger at John D. Rockefeller Jr., Brown '97.

Morey now lives in New Haven, where his little game is a favorite of the Junior League and others who spell "social" with a capital S, but it was the ladies of Copenhagen who first gave the inventive young scholar the recognition he sought.

After leaving Princeton, Morey went to Liberia for Rockefeller, and there picked up a scandal about Firestone and an acute case of malaria, according to his Harvard friends. Recuperating in Denmark and firm in the conviction that Rockefeller hires promising students merely to silence them, Morely invented his game, it is reported.

The five suits reflect Morey's opinion of his fellow man, with the Scientist (a purple card) in first place. The other suits with their colors are, in order of diminishing value, the Idealist (red). the Judge (pink, green or yellow), the Banker (dark gray) and the Advertiser (black).

In addition of these "aces," there are three "face cards" in each suit, representing the ace's assistants. In each suit there are also one activity card, two method cards and three tool cards. For example, in the Banker's suit, the professor is the knave, outranked by lawyer and the politician. The Banker's activity is control, and his methods are secrecy and bluff. Mr. Morey says it is a game of social significance. Profits go to the Fellowship of Man Foundation.