Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

COLLEGIATE COMIC MAGAZINES WILL HOLD CONFERENCE

Read, Hayes, and Ferris Hold Top Places in New Funny Journal Slate; Clark, Richardson Also Elected

In a new effort to raise the standard of college humor in the Big Three, The Lampoon, which once acquired the reputation of being Harvard's humorous magazine, will conduct a conference on Wednesday and Thursday, December 14 and 15, dedicated to "injecting new life into collegiate humor of the day." The Yale Record and the Princeton Tiger will he represented at the meet, and representatives of the so-called "funny magazines" of the other members of the Ivy League have also been invited.

Although the humor of middle and far western publications was admittedly more successful than those of the cast, none of them were invited to the conference. President William L. Calfee '39 in his announcement made clear however, that this action was not taken because "of any sense of superiority on our part," but because the type of humor prevalent among these colleges was "not in conformity with the ethical standards set by the eastern colleges."

New Officers

Along with this statement came the announcement of officers of the Lampoon for the year 1930-40.

The new president will be Edward C. K. Read '40; Ibis, Henry R. Hayes, Jr. '40; Narhtex, Elliot L. Richardson '41; Treasurer. Benjamin Ferris '40; Advertising Manager, George O. Clark, Jr. '40; Circulation Manager, Gaston Coblentz '40. These men will take office officially at the beginning of the new year.