Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Willy Bermath, Swiss Champ, Fastest Skier in the World

Made Record on the Flying Kilometre At Saint Moritz

The fastest man on skis was competing in the Winter Sports Show at the Boston Garden last night. He is Willy Bermath, versatile young Swiss ski champion. Bermath, who earned this title on the famed Flying Kilometre at St. Mortiz, has been skiing since he was six, and is visiting America for the first time.

Sven Cederstrom, of the Royal Swedish Army Ski Corps offered to interpret after Bermath's English and the interviewer's French because exhausted. Through him it was learned that Bermath's record run was made in 1938 when he reached a speed of 125 kilometres.

This run is a steep 1500 feet of icy snow. Heavy jumping-type skis are worn, weighted for stability and with handles for the crouching skier to grasp. Bermath laughingly denied that he was scared. According to him it was a great thrill, but nothing more.

Although he made one of the best slalom runs of the evening, Bermath was not pleased with the snow in the Garden, which he called icy and too wet in spots. He likes America immensely and would like to get a position as an instructor, otherwise he will return to Switzerland in December