Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withhold. Only letters under 400 words can be printed because of space limitations.)

To the Editor of the Crimson:

I wish to call your attention to a recent move on the University's part which is a rank piece of unfairness and poor administrative policy. My reference is to the new Hemenway Gym erected on the Law School grounds and its projected use by the varsity squash team, the freshman squash team and the freshman quintet.

For sheer intellectual worth, there isn't a department of Harvard which nears the Law School. Whether its graduates keep counsel with Dupont or bend Roosevelt's ear, they represent a perfection in training that has gone far in maintaining Harvard's greatness as a university.

Yet if ever there was an ignored stepchild, the Law School is one. Once we leave the impeccable faculty, the scene is dismal. Austin Hall is a dingy relic, its classrooms ill-lighted, its accommodations cramped. Hastings is a typical New York tenement; Perkins, a cell block. Even so, they can house only a minority of the students. There are absolutely no dining facilities. We visit the A.A. during the Fall--after purchasing student books--and are handed seats (week after week) in the recesses of the Colonnades. Should we complain, one of their impolite minions snaps back that Harvard "isn't your team."

In short, it was quite unbelievable when Rumor danced about with news of Hemenway. It would fill a great need, by affording the students an opportunity to exercise without a fifteen-minute walk to the overcrowded Gym. And now come the other tidings, that we have only six of the twelve squash courts, limited hours for basketball, etc. It seems to me that the Crimson is in a unique position to talk up for Harvard's Oliver Twist. J. A. Donovan 2L.