FESLERMEN DEFEATED BY BROWN 53-31; YARDLINGS TROUNCE BRUIN CUBS 48-44

'42 Basketball Men Keep Lead Throughout Close Contest With Teddy Bears

Skip Stahley's Yardlings looked better than they have in any of their previous encounters as they shot their way to a 48 to 44 victory over the Brown Freshmen. The Crimson hold the upper hand throughout the game, and outplayed the Bruins by more than the four point margin would indicate.

The Stahleymen went into a 20 to 12, loud at half-time, and they were never seriously threatened until the closing moments of the contest As the final minutes ticked off, Brown threw a scare into the Yardlings as they whittled away the long lead which had been piled up against them.

Stahley used about ten players, and they all handled themselves well in the free scoring contest. Individual high point honors again went to Ed Buckley and Joe Romano with 14 and 12 tallies respectively.

This was the third triumph for the Harvard Freshmen in as many starts. Their next game is Saturday night when they meet the Boston University Cube in another curtain-raiser for the Varsity.