VARSITY MATMEN TILT PENN WRESTLERS HERE

'41 TEAM SEEKS WIN OVER STRONG ANDOVER SQUAD

Undefeated Varsity matmen face their first crucial test today at the hands of champion wrestlers from the University of Pennsylvania in the Indoor Athletic Building.

Feature of the bout will be the 118-pound match between Harvey Ross and Aliman of Penn, blind grappler who placed third in the Eastern Intercollegiates last year. Captain Ruggiero, holder of several impressive titles, will fight Bill Daughaday of the home squad in the 165-pound division.

Louis Ach will represent the Crimson in the 126-pound bout and Al Richter in the 135. Captain Johnnie Harkness and Bill Glendinning continue to hold down heavyweight positions. Hard fights in the 145-pound and 155-pound classes are expected in which Dick Lindenfelser and Harry Kidder will take the offensive for Pat Johnson's team.

Freshmen Confident

Challenged by a shifty Andover octet which ranks next to Yale in importance on the schedule, one of the best Freshman mat squads in years is confident of victory in the Indoor Athletic Building today.

The group which beat Milton 25-5 will elect a captain before the meet. Chief threats on the Yardling lists are Tom Lacey in the 175-pound class and Elliott Richardson in the 155-pound division.

In the 145-pound class Bruce Richardson will represent the Crimson, in the 126 Teddy Schoenberg. Duncan Longcope is slated to grapple in the unlimited division while Weber Morse replaces Bill Tyng in the 165. Coach Johnson has placed Gerald Freed in the 118-pound bout.