ADAMS, WINTHROP WIN AGAIN IN BASKETBALL

Dudley, Lowell Take Close Contests as Bellboys, Deacons Triumph in House Swimming.

Two close contests and two walka-days featured yesterday's activity on the Home basketball front, as Lowell downed Kirkland 23 to 13 and the Ramiters took the Rabbita' measure 18 to 14.

Winthrop and Adams kept their slates team by beating Eliot and Dunster 16 to 2 and 26 to 4 respectively.

In the pool, Kirkland swimmers trimphed Dudley 27 to 24, and the Bellboys downed Leverett 36 to 25.

One of the best played contests of the year saw the Lowell quintet widen a two point lead at half time to ten points, as Ralph Murphy pivot shot artist, chalked up eight points in a second half scoring spree. Paced by Shapiro and Kalman, the Ramblers took Leverett despite the efforts of Dick Dawes, substitute guard, who scored ten points for the losers.

Adams, Winthrop Easy Winners

Adams and Winthrop encountered little opposition, the latter holding the Elephants scoreless for the first half, and allowing one field goal in the second. The Goldcoasters, though weakened by the loss of Slim Curtiss, Doug McLeod, and Dauck, rang up 26 points while holding the Pioneers to four. The Adams-Winthrop encounter on Thursday will probably decide the House championship in the second half of league competition.

Led by John Quinlan, who took firsts in the 100 and 200 yard freestyle events and Colin Campbell, who finished first in the 50 and second in the 100, the Lowell Natators had little difficulty in downing Leverett, while Kirkland, led by Waldron swamped the Ramblers 27 to 24.