Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Moviegoer

AT THE UNIVERSITY

Tracing the development of communication through the pioneering days of the stage coach, the Pony Express, and finally the first, crude railroads, "Wells-Fargo," which opens today at the University Theatre, is another of Paramount's glorified historical westerns. Following closely the pattern of "Covered Wagon" and "Cavalcade" and containing much of the familiar rough-and-tumble formula, it nevertheless is raised far above the average by its success in recreating the atmosphere of the pioneer times and in peopling history with real and living characters.

Joel McCrea is well cast as the adventure-loving and efficient agent of Wells-Fargo who succeeds in following the westward-moving American frontier and in linking it with the east through a network of outpost stations. Bob Burns, in a surprisingly becoming coonskin cap, fits well into the pioneer times, and Frances Dee is charming as Mr. McCrea's southern wife.

"Thrill of a Lifetime." the co-feature is a song-and-dance affair concerned with the adventures of a groupe of youngsters at a summer vacation camp.