Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

PANAMA PRESIDENT TO GIVE THREE LECTURES

SERVED ON PERMANENT COURT OF ARBITRATION

Ricardo J. Alfaro, former president of Panama, and for many years Panamanian minister to the United States, will discuss present day problems of Pan Americanism in three public lectures next week.

Alfaro's talks are sponsored by the Oscar S. Straus Memorial Association, of New York, established in memory of the former United States Secretary of Commerce. The lectures will be given Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings at 8 o'clock in Emerson Hall.

Long Political Career

The address on Monday will cover "The Achievements of the Pan American Conference"; Wednesday, "Peace in the Americas"; and Friday, "The Significance of the Solidarity of the Americas."

Alfaro was president of Panama 1931-32, and minister to the United States 1922-30, and 1932-37. A distinguished jurist, he served on the commission on the codification of law, Panama, 1913; as Panamanian judge in the Mixed Claims Commission dealing with expropriations for the Panama Canal, 1915; as Secretary of Government and Justice, Panama, 1918-22; and as a member of the Hague Court 1929-35.