Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Jugoslav Scholars Ask Examples of 'Mothers Works'

Letter Written All in Latin Asks English Department for American Writings

Two Slav scholars request some outstanding examples of American literature written on the subject of "Mothers", in a letter to the English Department received from Yugoslavia yesterday afternoon.

Written entirely in Latin, the letter is addressed to "Illustrissimi Domini Professors Literarum Anglicarum Novi Mundi," which interpreted is "The most illustrious professors of English Literature of the New World," i.e. of American Literature.

The scholars, Viadimir and Dinko Foretic of Viovitica, Jugoslavia, are compiling an anthology of writings in all languages about "Mother" to be translated into the Serbo-Croatian tongue. "We have no doubt," they say, "that poets in your country have also written beautiful poetry about Mother," and they request that the Harvard faculty aid them in their task by selecting some of the best American efforts. They ask for at least 15 and no more than 30 poems as well as five short stories.

Not only poems and stories, but proverbs, adages, anecdotes, and even songs may be chosen. They also ask for facsimiles of any good paintings or sculpture on the same subject.