New Swim Mark Set Runners, Five Lose

Freshmen Overwhelm Tabor Five 40-13 With Homer Peabody, Newly Electea Captain, Starring

Hampered by the loss of Red Lowman, the Crimson quintet lost a golden opportunity to improve its league standing, as it dropped a close contest to Penn's giant-killers Saturday night.

While the Feslermen were meeting their third defeat Dartmouth's league leading five was upset by Columbia 48-35. As a result, the Harvard-Dartmouth fray here on Wednesday March 9 still looms as the deciding encounter of the Ivy League.

Paced by Arnie Litman and Chuck Lutz, who were the high scorers for the evening with 11 and 9 points respectively, the Crimson five opened fast, and led at the half 19-17 with the lead see-sawing back and forth.

Quakers Rally

The Red and Black rallied in the second period to take the lead under the inspirational drive of Bob Dougherty who tallied seven field goals and one foul for a total of 15 points during the game. Little Whitie Mischo, who caused so much trouble in the last encounter with the Quaker team, again was a thorn in the Feslermen's side hitting the hoop with 11 markets.

Continuing their upward surge, the '41 cagers took the measure of a plucky but outclassed Tabor Academy five 40-13. Homer Peabody, the Crimson's leading scorer, equalled the score of the Marion quintet by himself.

After the game, the Freshman hoopsters elected ice-cream eating champion Peabody, captain. From his position at center, Peabody has consistently been the outstanding man on the team, and is rated a prospect for the Varsity squad next year.