WEEKEND SPORT RESULTS

Mile Relay Team Wins in New York as Other Crimson Runners Disappoint

Crimson track showing was decidedly inferior Saturday night in the New York Millrose Games. Not only were the Harvard representatives generally submerged by superior competitors, but the Crimson men were suffering an all-around "off" night possibly inflicted by the exam period.

The mile relay team was victorious over Princeton and Yale contingents, though Coach Jaakko Mikkola is dissatisfied with their time, 3:25. The team consisted of Al Hanlon '39, Hobart Lerner '40, Tudor Richards '39, and James Lightbody '40. Richards and Lightbody both ran their quarters in 49.8 seconds.

Alexander Northrop disappointed expectations in the half mile. He gained sixth place and his time of 2:08 is the poorest he has done for a long time. Rob Haydock suffered even worse luck in the high jump. Though the Harvard record holder of over 6 ft. 3 in., Haydock barely cleared 6 ft. Saturday.

The two mile relay team finished sixth, behind North Carolina, New York vards time was 8:01.6. Yale's was 7:59. University, Yale, and Columbia. Harvard's time was 8:01.6, Yale's was 7:59.