Conference Slated On Summer Work

Group Headed by Sutro Plans to Hold Job Discussion on March 23

In an attempt to provide students with information on "useful and constructive" summer work, a committee sponsored jointly by Brooks House and the Student Union and headed by Louis L. Sutro '38 will present a panel of speakers at a conference scheduled for Wednesday night, March 23.

Subjects up for discussion include summer work in settlement house camps, in cooperatives, on labor union staffs, and in "work camps," located in problem areas. Possibilities of students entering "government internship" during the summer will be discussed by Morris B. Lambie, professor of Government, and Dr. Mozier of Syracuse, both of whom have had experience placing men in government offices, at a conference the following evening.

Le Van to Speak

Among the speakers will be James D. Le Van, Director of the New England Cooperative Federation, and William Daughaday '40, who will describe settlement work. Moving pictures of a work camp in the Mississippi delta region will be shown. William Hinton '41 who recently traveled around the world on eight dollars, will comment on possibilities of inexpensive travel.

Satro said last night, "There are many students who want to spend the coming summer usefully, usefully in developing themselves or in doing something constructive for others, but do not know of such activities. We are undertaking to supply the needed information."

The committee consists of Sutro, Comstock Glasxer 2G, Calvin Stillman '39 and William Hinton '41.